In short, Datakits will never deliberately distribute/sell/share your personal data collected by our website to others/third parties, and we do not currently use/nor plan to use advertising methods such as on-site advertisements, third-party cookies, etc.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. DATA PROVIDED UPON MAKING AN ACCOUNT
Data you disclose to us (you voluntarily provide some information upon registering to our site, such as your username, password, your e-mail, etc.)
Your social media account(s) (when linked to your on-site account)
We are unable to personally view your password as it is encrypted to prevent us from doing so, but as our data is stored by the site, like any site, this could be exploited by a malicious user.
2. INFORMATION YOU WILLINGLY CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
Please be mindful that any information you willingly choose to provide/share about yourself is present on-site, and is therefore public. Please keep in mind basic Internet safety rules when posting/interacting/using our website. In the event a user compromises theirs or others safety by oversharing, it may be removed.
Users younger than 13 years of age are not allowed on our site. If you are a parent who is concerned about your child and the use of our site by them, do not hesitate to contact us if need be.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
Your information is simply used to allow use and access of your account, and any information provided will never be shared, publically or not, or shared, sold, or distributed to any outside parties. In the event you no longer wish to keep sharing your information and/or wish for your on-site account to be deleted, please contact a site manager.
Our site utilizes a few cookies, only in place to simply secure/encrypt and store your login session (how long these may run depend on whether or not you choose for your login to be remembered when signing in or not.) The few cookies our site utilizes are simply to secure/encrypt and store your login session (how long these run depends on whether or not you choose for your login to be remembered when signing in or not), and none are suspicious or third-party cookies designed to track/sell your data.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA, AND HOW CAN YOU MODIFY IT?
We have taken precautions to protect you, your information, and your data as best as possible. However, as with any site, we are potentially at risk of a data breach.
Although not required, we do heavily recommend:
- Using a unique password
- Enabling Two Factor Authentication on the e-mail associated with your Datakitcache.xyz account
Users who take extra precaution will be well-equipped, in the case of a site data breach.
If you at all wish to modify/change your data, you can easily do this on your own from your account's settings page. (click here!) This includes your e-mail and password, and if you do decide to edit either, we are not notified. You will be required to reverify your e-mail upon changing it.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR COPYRIGHT?
While Datakits as a species are owned by us, a large part of the site is the display of individual artists’ artwork and designs. In order to protect individual users copyright (art, designs) we:
- Automatically watermark masterlist images to prevent art theft.
- Credit artists and designers for each masterlist/gallery/etc. entry with either on-site usernames or external social media handles. These credits remain even when a Datakit is voided or a user has left/is banned.
- Maintain user ownership of approved Datakits, even when a user leaves the species. Voided Datakits will be transferred to our on-site storage account, but otherwise no Datakit will be forcefully transferred to other accounts.
You may not access or use our site for any purpose other than that for which we make our site available. Datakitcache.xyz may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of our site, you agree to not:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from our site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of our site and/or the content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or our site.
- Use any information obtained from our site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person/make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use our site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to our site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of our site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of our site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on our site or the networks or services connected to our site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our staff engaged in providing any portion of our site to you.
- Make any unauthorized use of our site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use our site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use our site and/or the content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
Other miscellaneous rules we have may not be featured directly on this page, but are still readily enforced by us/our mod team.